Have you set up monetization on your youtube account?
If not you could be missing out on paid advertising income from Youtube. You have noticed how lots of youtube videos have some sort of advertising (Skip Adds, Banners Adds, etc.) Well it’s because those people have turned on monetization for their channel. Its easy and quick and you could be making money off of your videos (especially if it goes viral, get it monetizated before then.)
Follow these simple instructions, you can be setup in minutes. Make sure to do them all, the second part is important!
- Signin to your YouTube account.
- In the top right, select your Account icon > Creator Studio.
- In the left menu, select Channel > Status and features.
- Next to “Monetization” click Enable. (If you don’t see this option then your account has been disabled for monetization.)
- Continue to accept the YouTube monetization agreement.
When I did this it just seemed to monetize all the eligible videos automatically.
linking AdSense to your YouTube account.
After you do the first step, you should get a couple emails, one of them will tell you that you need to link your adsense account to your youtube account. Follow the link and input your info, 3 step process, its pretty painless.
Sit back and make money.
Now you make money in some complicated manner, but it has something to do with every 1k views you make a percentage of the revenue for displaying adds.
Googles actual docs on this