After working on a computer for about 2 hours, i finally figured out that Adobe Reader X was the culprit. Things would print OK for the first couple copies, then randomly (sometimes worked fine, other times didn’t) it would print “gorbily-gook” (quoted from the client.) It would print like a corrupted printer driver, adding in weird symbols. mixing up words, and printing the odd line or block of text perfectly.
After researching the problem I also found that legal sized documents would get the bottom of the page cut off (aka it would not print the bottom of the page leaving it blank.)

THE SOLUTION: As of now (July 27 2011) the only solutions out there seem to be to uninstall Adobe Reader X and go back to Adobe Reader 9.4.